Since the last time I did a proper update, I was supposed to have surgery to take out the fibroid sitting on top of my uterus. As of 2 weeks ago, my OB-GYN advised me not to have the surgery, for now, since I might still have a chance of bearing children. There were a few deciding factors as to why the doctor advised against surgery at this time: I haven’t been pregnant, have never tried to be pregnant, I am not sexually active (and have never been), and my eggs are still good. We know the risk of having children at my age (I’m 43) but she thinks that I should give myself a shot at it. So, for now, we will be doing the birth control shots, every 3 months, to control my bleeding, and to possibly shrink the fibroid. I have to return in 3 months to see if the fibroid has shrunk, and they will give me another shot at that time which will be good for another 3 months. After that, we will re-evaluate everything to see if we can continue the birth control route, or just go for the surgery, or even possibly a partial hysterectomy. I’m not looking forward to the latter, and I’m praying that I don’t have to go through that. But, if it will improve my quality of life, then I will seriously consider it, and just have to accept the fact that I will not have children in the conventional way. I’m in constant prayer about it, and I’m leaving everything up to the Lord and His will.